Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
Winter Base 1 Training Plan - with iLevels
written by Tim Cusick, TrainingPeaks WKO Product Leader and master coach with BaseCamp
Our WKO power-duration-based iLevels plans will make the difference in your training this season.
This 12-week base training plan was created by Tim Cusick, coach of champion Amber Neben and pro Emma Grant. Your workout prescription will be individualized based on your data following the Power-Duration Curve as you gain fitness. iLevel plans are for the serious, competitive, power-training cyclist. Whether you’re racing or getting ready for a big event, these plans will give you all the tools you need to kick start your season.
To use this plan, you will need to have a power meter and the TrainingPeaks WKO software (if you don't have WKO or if you don't train with power, you can still get these cutting-edge workouts and plans; just search for the Coggan Classic versions). This plan uses the advanced iLevels training protocol developed by Dr. Andy Coggan and the new training metrics available in WKO, like FTP/FRC, FRC, and PMAX. Visit TrainingPeaks to find out more about WKO or to watch Coach Cusick’s free educational WKO webinars.
These plans use the cutting-edge workouts that Tim prescribes for his pro athletes, with focus on fatigue resistance, intensive and extensive workouts, and increasing your Time to Exhaustion (TTE), Stamina, and FRC (functional work capacity). All our plans include predicted TSS and ongoing testing.
Included with your plan:
- Instruction sheet (attached to the first day of the plan)
- Testing protocol
- Coaching comments and tips
- 10% discount on nutrition guide
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.