Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is a 10 week, advanced level mountain bike training plan for a cross country mountain bike race of about 2.5 hours in duration. The training plan is RPE and HR based, but will work with a power meter as well. The workouts are all time based, with an emphasis on quality of workouts over quantity. The longest endurance ride is three and half hours, building up from two and a half hours. You will be riding five days per week, with two interval workouts per week, one skills based ride, a group or endurance ride and the long ride on Sunday.
Structured Workouts are based off of Threshold HR, all other rides should be focused on either skills, pacing or riding without having to constantly stare at monitors.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.