Thelen CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is a 10 week, intermediate level mountain bike training plan for a cross country mountain bike race of about 2 hours in duration. The training plan is RPE and HR based, but will work with a power meter as well. The workouts are all time based, with an emphasis on quality of workouts over quantity, as well as skills on the mountain bike. The longest endurance ride is three hours, building up from two hours. You will be riding five days per week, with two interval workouts per week, one skills based ride, a group or endurance ride and the long ride on Sunday.
Structured Workouts are based off of Threshold HR, all other rides should be focused on either skills, pacing or riding without having to constantly stare at monitors.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?