Peter GlassfordAll plans by this Coach
This plan is best applied 8-12 weeks ahead of your goal of Cross-Country or 'XCO' mountain bike race under 3 hours. It focuses on developing speed and off-road proficiency.
Ideally, you will have completed a general preparation or 'base' phase to establish fitness and cycling skills before this more specific block of training. It is appropriate for riders who have raced and trained before (intermediate/advanced)
If your race is further away consider the Offroad Base Plan
The plan can be adjusted from ~6-15 hours per week, more restrictive or larger volume plans are best done as 100% made for you 3 month plans (see below)
It includes guidance for heart rate and RPE and occasionally power but is very focused on MTB riding fast so power is not emphasized or required.
Do you have an Irregular Schedule or Want a Custom Training Plan?
Consummate Athlete offers a 3 months Made For You Plan, which eliminate much of the friction of pre-made plans because it takes your schedule, goals, equipment, and abilities into account
Please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.