Andrew WatsonAll plans by this Coach
This beginner base season XC plan is built using RPE(rate of perceived exertion) workouts range from 45 minutes to 2 hours long for MTB racers who are targeting XCO races from 60-90 minutes long. This exact same plan is also available prescribed by heart rate or by power in my training plan library.
The focus of this plan is to build your aerobic fitness progressively while also building specifc XCO capacity to handle the unique demands of the cross country olympic distance. This plan also includes dedicated time to practice you mountain bike skills.
This is a great plan to start your training season off with in the late fall or early winter. This plan uses a 3 week training cycle of 2 weeks ON and 1 Week recovery.
Once complete check out the 6 week MTB Build plan to continue to progress towards your race season.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?