MTB Enduro Plan (metabolic systems training, strength&power, technical&tactical preparation)
Erik KimmelAll plans by this Coach
MTB enduro racing is a mix of high intensity cycling and downhill, what can be tricky how to incorporate training of metabolic systems, neuromuscular system (strength etc.) and skills.
Sport scientist and performance coach Erik Kimmel has build up a training plan, which focuses on all aspects of enduro racing as metabolic system training, strength and power training and finally technical/strategy preparation.
The training plan is based on physiology principles and the individual trainings are created from testing and practicing with elite enduro riders from Enduro world series.
Physiology principles of training are set up thanks to long term using of Moxy Monitor, advanced manipulation of respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Training intensity is manipulated and controlled via heart rate zones and rating of perceived exertion (RPE).
This training plan can be used as 4-week preparation for enduro race or laying the foundations of the intensities specific to MTB enduro after the basic volume period.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?