MTBCoachAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week plan Base plan for the Cat 1 / Expert level MTB Cross Country distance athletes. The plan creates a strong aerobic fitness to prepare for the 12 week Build plan for a full 24 weeks of training before your goal event. Visit the MTBCoach MTB Cross Country Training Plans page for more details.
Start this plan 24 weeks before your goal race. Then follow the Cross Country Build Plan for optimal training for your goal.
Workouts are written to use a power meter, a HR monitor or rate of perceived exertion, but using a power meter AND a HR monitor is best for accurate monitoring of progress. The plan includes structured workouts compatible with your smart trainer and device to guide you through workouts in real time.
For people just getting started with training, coming off a long break or off the couch start with our 6 Week Conditioning/Adaptation Training Plan for a total of 30 weeks of training when you stack our Conditioning plan with our Base and Build plans
Visit the MTBCoach Gravel Race Training Plans page for more details.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?