100 Mile Mountain Bike Race
FasCat CoachingAll plans by this Coach
6 week beginner/intermediate training plan to prepare you for a 100 mile mtb race. The plan starts with some moderate aerobic work and continues builds each week (with a rest week every few weeks). You'll learn to grow your fitness to handle the hard efforts within the race to and build your hours up steadily to handle the long day in the saddle. We've included some of our favorite workouts (Bursts, Sweet Spot, Criss-Cross & more) to help you prepare for a great race day!
Example Events are any of the NUE Series race including Cohutta, Mohican, Bailey Hundo, High Cascades and the Shenandoah 100 to name a few 100 milers
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|5:02 hrs||7:00 hrs|
|6:05 hrs||8:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:02 hrs||7:00 hrs|
||6:05 hrs||8:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?