Erik KimmelAll plans by this Coach
Sport scientist and performance coach of ProTour cyclists and Czech national track cycling team Erik Kimmel has build up a training plan, which focuses mostly on building of aerobic capacity through trainings based on physiology principles. Most of the cyclists have cardiovascular limitations (low rate of cardiac output, low capacity of O2 utilization and so on) and these are the main target of this training plan. The other target of the training plan is strength training, which focus on anatomical adaptation, absolut strength and power.
The training plan is made for indoor cycling and strength session done at home.
Physiology principles of training are set up thanks to long term using of Moxy Monitor, advanced manipulation of respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Training intensity is manipulated and controlled via heart rate zones and rating of perceived exertion (RPE).
This training plan can be used as 4-week base preparation. Final week is made as a kind of deload/test week, so after that you can add one more same 4-week cycle, where you will continue with adjusted intensities based on your testings.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.