Cycling Base Build
Jason WalkleyAll plans by this Coach
This plan can be used if you are unable to run, if you are a swim/bike athlete, or want to add in your own run sessions.
Used to help build a solid base on the bike, work on swim technique and low level strength using swim cords or resistance bands during this COVID 19 Lockdown.
Feel free to ignore the swim cord sessions if that's not your thing and simply work on the bike.
All over Strength and Conditioning sessions included covering all of the pillars of S&C training:
Power Zones we work too:
Level 1 (L1) – Active Recuperation, 0–55% FTP, 0–68% LTHR, 0–2 RPE;
Level 2 (L2) – Endurance, 56–75% FTP, 69–83% LTHR, 2–3 RPE;
Level 3 (L3) – Tempo, 76–90% FTP, 84–94% LTHR, 3–4 RPE;
Level 4 (L4) – Lactate Threshold, 90–105% FTP, 95–105% LTHR, 4–5 RPE;
Level 5 (L5) – Maximal Aerobic Power, 106–120% FTP, 106%< LTHR, 6–7 RPE;
Level 6 (L6) – Anaerobic Capacity, 121%< FTP, 106%< LTHR, 7–10 RPE;
Level 7 (L7) – Neuromuscular Power, Max Effort;
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:04 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|3:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:04 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||3:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?