Andrew RocheAll plans by this Coach
This is my 2 month Fondo plan purely using perceived exertion, so no need for smart trainers, or any special equipment.
All you need is a basic turbo, rollers, or exercise bike.
Perceived Effort scale (RPE)
1-2 Very easy, hardly an effort
3-4 Moderate, conversation pace
5-6 Tempo, difficult for extended periods, but not exhausting
7-8 Difficult to talk, threshold at 7, sweet spot at 8
9 Extremely hard, 30-40 second efforts
10 Flat out sprint
Although this plan is aimed at those riding indoors, it can be used for shorter outdoor riding.
This has been tailored to work as a build with medium stress levels to help keep fitness moving forward, but not stress the immune system.
Each week has a nice progression working from tempo, into sweet spot, and finally adding some threshold workouts in.
There's also a strength program which can be done from home using weights, kettlebells, or simply body weight if that's all you have available.
The aim of this is to continue to build fitness and form, also a great structure to anyone targeting fondos/sportives.
Now's the time to stay healthy and active more than ever before.
I'm happy to answer any questions, just email me on email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.