The 8 Week Century Build
Taylor WarrenAll plans by this Coach
This is a classic overload plan designed to get you to your best shape in the 8 weeks leading up to a century event or gran fondo. The plan starts off with a baseline fitness check. This check is designed to set a baseline to base the rest of the plan off of. Following the check, the plan leads into two weeks of build, with big gear efforts and sweetspot intervals to build fitness. After the first three weeks, the plan goes into a rest week to help the athlete recover and rebound from the previous weeks training stress. After resting, the plan contains two more weeks designed to increase fitness, before going into another rest week followed by a taper week into the key event. This plan follows the overload principle and is designed to get progressively harder. Athletes using this plan should have a basic understanding of training principle, a bit of experience and if not a power meter, at least a heart rate monitor to be able to track fitness progress.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:54 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:54 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?