Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
About This Plan
This training plan is designed to progressively get you fitter throughout your off season and build into the racing season. The plan assumes you have taken some time off the bike and offers two warmup weeks at the beginning of the plan to get you back in the saddle.
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1- to 2-hour workouts; Friday easy; Saturday, Sunday volume days
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Functional strength training workouts included and built into the training plan
- Testing included to assure accurate training
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Tim Cusick, coach of multiple champions, with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Free strength training program in the first 13 weeks
- Free nutrition ebook from nutritionist Dr. Namrita Brooke, attached to the first day of the plan
- Get access to videos and educational webinars from Coach Tim
Tim's plans and approach are always very thorough and easily understood and applied. Tim does a really great job of staying the course with sound tested fundamentals while always looking to where the facts, data, and technology take us next. (Kurt P.)
Read more reviews >>
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type and click here for a comparison chart of his major plans.
About Coach Tim
Tim Cusick is the coach of multiple world and national champions, including Amber Neben, Rebecca Rusch, and more. He is also the product leader for TrainingPeaks' WKO analytical software and the founder of Velocious Cycling and BaseCamp. His plans give all levels of cyclists the tools to train like the pros, using proven methodologies, workouts, intervals, and coaching tips he knows will lead to success.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?