Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
About This Plan
The grueling 75-mile Tour of the Battenkill event is considered one of the toughest one-day races around, with over 5000 feet of climbing, many dirt and gravel sections, and lots of steep, punchy climbs. Whether you're trying to win the race, win your age group, or beat your own personal record, this plan will taper you to your best Battenkill ever!
The plan is designed for an intermediate/advanced cyclist who already has a general base fitness and is ready to step up the hours, time, and intensity to prepare for this exciting event. It contains three specific training cycles with testing throughout and an event taper at the end. The progressive workouts include fatigue resistance, micro intervals, and double workouts to push you to your peak! There are also tons of training and event tips, plus a free nutrition eBook.
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1.5- to 2.5-hour workouts; Friday easy; Saturday, Sunday volume days
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Testing included to assure accurate training
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Tim Cusick, coach of multiple champions, with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Free nutrition ebook from nutritionist Dr. Namrita Brooke, attached to the first day of the plan
- Get access to videos and educational webinars from Coach Tim
40 watt increase in power! The plan was excellent, My FTP went from 240 W to nearly 280W, that is from 3.5 to 4.1 W/kg. I have reached the peak form of my life, with a training plan that I felt was perfect for my needs. Thank you! (Marcel F.)
Read more reviews >>
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type and click here for a comparison chart of his major plans.
About Coach Tim
Tim Cusick is the coach of multiple world and national champions, including Amber Neben, Rebecca Rusch, and more. He is also the product leader for TrainingPeaks' WKO analytical software and the founder of Velocious Cycling and BaseCamp. His plans give all levels of cyclists the tools to train like the pros, using proven methodologies, workouts, intervals, and coaching tips he knows will lead to success.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.