Gran Fondo Base 1 - Classic Zones - 8-12 hours/week - Weeks 1-10
Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
Gran Fondo Winter Base 1 Training Plan
written by Tim Cusick, TrainingPeaks WKO Product Leader and master coach with Velocious Cycling Adventures
Train with the coach of national and world ITT champion Amber Neben! This 10-week gran fondo base training plan was created by Tim Cusick and is the first portion of our Gran Fondo Full Season plan, using Coggan Classic Training Levels. It is designed for the competitive cyclist and includes heart rate, power, and perceived exertion. Includes predicted TSS and ongoing testing.
The workouts can be used in the traditional format or as structured workouts, which load automatically to select devices (Garmin, Zwift, RGT, ErgVideo, TrainerRoad, Racermate, and more) so you can see your workout and interval numbers right on your device.
Included with your plan:
- Instruction sheet (attached to the first day of the plan)
- Testing protocol
- Coaching comments and tips
- 10% discount on nutrition guide
Need help loading your structured works to your device or smart trainer? Click here to read instructions.
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type and click here for a comparison chart of his major plans.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email Coach Kathy Watts.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?