10 Weeks to a Comfortable Tour de Cure Century
Peter Cummings, USA Cycling Expert Level CoachAll plans by this Coach
This Plan is for you IF: You are attempting only your first or second century, you are in good health and have been approved to exercise by you doctor and you have, on average, 7 hours a week to exercise. You have been exercising regularly (3 times weekly) immediately prior to starting this plan. You are familiar with Heart Rate Zone training and know your personal zones.
This 10 week plan will help those that are moderately fit complete a hilly century comfortably. It includes weight training routines to help with force production on hills. Volume fluctuates between 5 hours (recovery weeks) to a high of 9 hours 20 minutes on the highest volume week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?