CPS InMotion (Simon Clark, Principal Physiologist)All plans by this Coach
This carefully designed 12 week GranFondo / Sportive training plan is suited for intermediate level recreationally competitive cyclists (with a Lactate Threshold power between approx. 200-280 Watts) looking to perform well in long distance events up to 5-8hrs duration. The prescribed sessions provide specific conditioning so that an athlete can reach a planned peak performance on their event day.
Why this plan?
- Effective session design with full description, based on proven fundamentals of applied sports science.
- Objectively focused on longer-term physiological performance and in lactate threshold improvement.
- Specific event-driven training, so adaptations are applied to race and demands of the course.
- Structured to our uniquely successful OPTIMA-L coaching system.
Complimentary PDF Support Guides can be found at https://cpsinmotion.com/
Visit our client experiences here....https://cpsinmotion.com/clients/
Training volume will suit cyclists looking to ramp up their TSS gradually with 7-14 hrs week. Weekday sessions are generallly around 1.5 hrs or less, with short active recovery workouts. Sessions can be power or based (Coggans 7-Zones) and are scaled to Lactate Threshold power which should be determined prior to the plan start date and at the end of week 11 after a low volume week. These personalised zones will be used for the prescribed intensities in each session description. A Critical Power or FTP assessment may substitute Lactate Threshold using a sound testing protocol see:
A moderate level of general strength and endurance conditioning should be established prior to the start of this programme to get the most from it. Sessions have been recently updated for work-out interval details, annotated descriptions and rationale, with nutritional, racing and pacing strategies where possible. You should introduce flexibility and mobility (stretching) sessions as necessary, preferably early in the programme.
Sessions are compatible and uploadable as workouts on many Apps in ERG mode (SMART trainer inc. Wahoo, Tacx etc and Zwift/ Trainer Road) or directly on your Garmin for outdoor riding.
Following a structured plan where possible, is more likely to help you achieve your objectives. However, sleep, nutrition, stress, rest, compliance and work/ life disruption are significant variables which will clearly affect your response to this plan. Support for any online TP plan is available on request, just call Simon on 0044 (0)7729 729628.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com if you have any queries regarding this plan or if you are considering one-2-one coaching support for an event. Visit www.cpsinmotion.com for more details.
Train Beyond Limits!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.