Build + Race - Cyclocross - 16 weeks through Cyclocross season
Peter GlassfordAll plans by this Coach
This plan provides you with workouts and progressions towards cyclocross season. This plan is ideal for someone looking for workout ideas and a reminder to not go hard every day (but go very hard on some days). Direction on skill work and workouts based around working on cyclocross skills are the main component of this plan.
This plan is 16 weeks long. It is best applied 1-2 months before your races start so that the plan will extend through to the end of your cross season. Applying in late July/early August will get you to December.
Races are assumed starting about 1-month into the plan and directions for how to deal with no-race, single race, or double race weekends are provided.
Ideally, you will have completed a general preparation or 'base' phase to establish fitness and cycling skills before this more specific block of training.
- I have an 'offroad base' plan in the training peaks library as well (see all my plans -> https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach/peterglassford#trainingplans )
Features Downloadable workouts for Garmin/Zwift/Trainer Road AND strength/core routines with Document for routine. Note that not all workouts have a download as some are very simple and better done by getting on your bike and going and having fun!
The plan can be adjusted from ~6-15 hours per week, more restrictive or larger volume plans are best done as 100% made for you 3-month plans (see below)
Strength/Core/Mobility is addressed and progressed to help you arrive healthy for your race.
Workouts provide options for outdoors or indoors depending on your location and weather.
Note that if you have an irregular schedule or specific needs for scheduling/workouts I offer a 3 month 100% made for you plan for -> http://smartathlete.ca/training-plans/
Thank you for checking out my plans!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?