Xterra - Advanced Championship Training Plan
Lynda WallenfelsAll plans by this Coach
This twelve week training plan is an intensive and challenging plan that assumes you have a serious commitment to racing and have age group podium goals at a Championship level Xterra event.
To start this plan you must have at least one season of Xterra racing under your belt and be a confident swimmer and mountain biker. You should have completed six to eight weeks of consistent aerobic swim, bike, run and core strength training prior to following this plan.
During most weeks on the plan you will be swimming, cycling, running, core training and stretching 3-4 times per week. Swimming workouts are paced by time, running by heart rate and cycling is paced either by heart rate or power out-put (watts). Weekly training hours vary from a low of 7:45 on a recovery week to a high of 15 hours in week seven of the plan.
Visit the LW Coaching website http://lwcoaching.com/ to ask training plan questions on our forum, read mountain bike specific training articles, learn new workouts and see what events our coaches and athletes have been racing.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?