Cody Waite, Waite EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
12-Week (HIGH Volume) Base Builder XTERRA Progression - v3.1
Written by Cody Waite, of Waite Endurance
NEW for 2019 is our latest 12-week Base Builder Training Plan for High Volume off-road triathletes. Complete with structured swim, bike & run sessions & ALL NEW Strength Progression Program.
Our 12-Week Triathlon Base Builder Plans are designed for intermediate to advanced triathletes with training experience, and reasonable technique & fitness to begin with. The volume of the individual workouts can be adjusted down to fit individual needs/ability level in the given sport.
You're looking at THREE MONTHS of progressive training to build your complete fitness base through the off-season. Our High Volume program revolves around the following:
- 3x Structured Swim Sessions per week
- 2x each Structured Cycling & Run Sessions per week
- 1x each Endurance Ride & Run per week
- 2x Progressive Strength Training Sessions per week
- 6-18 Hours of Training per Week (can increase as desired)
- Recovery/Testing weeks built into the Program
- Metrics Used: Power, HR, and/or RPE
Our 'off-season' Base Builder plans are ideal for any cyclist, mountain biker, or triathlete looking to improve their strength & power on the bike across any distance. Click Links Below to Learn More:
- Listen to Our PODCAST
- Base Builder Program Details
- Testing Protocol Details
- Training Zone Calculator Example
Our progressive strength training program is designed specifically for endurance athletes to be utilized throughout the off-season base training build. Click Links Below to Learn More:
OTHER BASE BUILDER OPTIONS:We have both LOW & HIGH volume Base Builder Plans available in 12, 18 & 24 week durations. Search v3.1 Base Builder in the Training Peaks Plan Store or Contact Us! (email below)
RACE PREP:Upon completion of this Base Builder program you're ready for one of our Race Prep training plans to dial in your event specific fitness. Check out our Race Prep Plans HERE
RE-USABLE:You can easily reuse any of our plans year after year or anytime in the future!
Email Cody directly with questions now or as you go: email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?