MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is aimed at the Advanced Xterra Distance offroad triathlete who wants to wants to build a good aerobic base before the Pre-Season phase of the training year.
Xterra offroad Triathlon Distance = 1.5km Swim, 30km Mountain Bike, 11km Trail Run
The training starts at 11 hours and 55 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 14 hours and 55 minutes per week.
The Bike sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
The Run sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
What is included with the training plan?
Included with this plan are sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
What can you expect?
This plan is 10 weeks long:
Week 1: Test Week
Weeks 2 to 9: Base Training
Week 10: Re-test Week
Requirements for this plan:
For the Swim Test - 25m or 50m swimming pool
For the Bike Test - an indoor trainer or Wattbike
For the Run Test - access to a 5km running route
##Must have a heart rate monitor for Bike and Run sessions.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.