Long Course Triathlon Event Training (8 weeks)
Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
This plan helps triathletes with a well-established aerobic base build intensity and taper for their target long-course event. It builds upon the previous plans in this series, the 20-week Base Training plans for long course triathlon training. Use this plan to build upon your aerobic base over the final 6 to 8 weeks before your A-priority race, sharpening your fitness with anaerobic VO2max training.
The two plans that lead up to this plan are:
- Triathlon Pre-Base Prep (8 weeks)
- Triathlon Base Training (20 weeks) + Event Taper (4 weeks)
Consult the Alp Fitness website (alpfitness.com) for supplemental videos, tools and resources to use along with this plan. Train smart!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:33 hrs||3:30 hrs|
|1:56 hrs||1:15 hrs|
|2:50 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:27 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:33 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||1:56 hrs||1:15 hrs|
||2:50 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?