Triathlon Pre-Base Prep (8 Weeks)
Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
This 8-week plan will help ease you back into regular training by gradually moving you from your off-season rest period toward the beginning of base training. The plan includes a strength training program. It assigns volume based on training hours and intensity based on heart rate training zones. The plan provides instructions and workouts to determine your individualized training zones, so no prior knowledge is needed. By the end of the 8 weeks, you will ready to start the 20-week Base Training plan. The plan can also be used by novice triathletes to prepare for their first sprint distance triathlon after 8 weeks.
Advance from this plan to the next two plans in this series:
- Triathlon Base Training (20 weeks) + Event Taper (4 weeks)
- Triathlon Event Training (8 weeks)
Consult the Alp Fitness website (alpfitness.com) for supplemental videos, tools and resources to use along with this plan. Train smart!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:33 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:00 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|0:41 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:33 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:00 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||0:41 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?