A 4-month triathlon development plan, focused on developing power and endurance for all levels of athletes (beginner to advanced).
This plan is focused on Sprint and Olympic Distance triathlon - if you are focused on longer distances, please purchase one of our long-distance "Build" plans AFTER YOU COMPLETE this Triathlon Development Plan (or if you are fit and ready to go into an intense 3-month race specific plan).
LESS HOURS / STRONGER ADAPTATION & PERFORMANCE:
This plan has been developed based on Sport-Science and time-tested techniques for efficiency.
Total training hours: 5-7hrs / week on average, with strong emphasis on "quality & sport-specific adaptation vs. quantity".
- Nutrition is key. This program is "intense" and adequate nutrition is CRITICAL for proper recovery and performance.
- A Nutrition Plan SPECIFIC to this training plan is available. Please see www.team-se.com for more details.
- Sleep & recovery are critical for this time-efficient plan to yield results.
- Do NOT exceed training recommended. This program features less hours but a much higher level of intensity, requiring adequate recovery.
Distance: Sprint and Olympic.
Duration: 4 months.
Focus: general triathlon fitness development.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.