Triathlon: Base Period (Winter, Off-Season) Training: 3.0 to 6.0 hrs/wk
Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is perfect for the time-crunched athlete looking to prevent boredom and build some base fitness. You can have a triathlon in mind for one of your future goals, or you might want to simply use multisport training to get yourself into shape.
The goals of this plan include:
- Establish a fitness routine and stick with it
- Build swimming endurance to swim 1500 non-stop
- Lift weights to improve strength
- Build your longest run from 30 minutes to 60 minutes
- Build your longest ride from 45 minutes to 90 minutes
This program has the swimming details to help you build swimming endurance without a masters group and without having to dream up your own swimming sets. Swimming is blended into a running and cycling routine that can be accomplished indoors or outdoors.
Weekday running and cycling workouts are used as a warm-up for strength training to conserve on training time. Weekend running and cycling workouts build in length and intensity at just the right pace. Weekly training is manageable, ranging from three hours to six hours.
At the end of the training block, you can maintain your endurance by continuously repeating the last three to four weeks of the training plan, with the Strength Maintenance weight training routine substituted for all strength sessions. Longer weekend workouts can be repeated or you can get creative and design your own sessions.
Or…maybe you will look for a new set of goals at the end of 12 weeks?
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?