Triathlon Base 12 weeks (12.0 to 14.5 hrs./wk.)
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week base plan is the same as the 10.0-12.5 hour base plan except that it includes two days of strength training per week. There is a recovery week every third week with reduced training and a full day off from training. The recovery week and day off are very important in the schedule as they allow you to rest and repair, keeping you healthy and in good spirits
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:22 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|4:01 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|2:11 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:22 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||4:01 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||2:11 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?