David LuscanAll plans by this Coach
Kicking is an important, misunderstood, and often neglected skill. Adult competitive swimmers are often time crunched, and kicking becomes the first thing to go. The little that is done, has poor form and reinforces incorrect movement patterns. Proper freestyle kicking has two primary core competencies, the form of the kick, or what moves where and when, and the rhythm and timing, or how how often per armstroke and when in the cycle?
Our 12 week Basic Course addresses both of these skills, but focuses more on the rhythm and timing. We rely primarily on volume of kicking to develop the form, as repetition in this case is a potent tecacher. We recognize that many beginning swimmers will need to further develop the form of their kick in order to make best use of our of 12 week course. We offer this 4 week program, either a supplement to be done alongside the Basic Course, or as a prerequisite.
Not complete workouts, we provide 3 weekly kick sets, distance from 300 to 1500 yards/meters. These are to be done within your normal weekly swimming routine. Try to complete all 3. We realize that swimmers with less weekly volume may have trouble with a 1500 yard kick set. Complete what you can. This program is designed to be repeated.. After the 4 weeks are up, you can go back to week 1 and repeat the course.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.