Steve LumleyAll plans by this Coach
This plan draws on Steve’s 27+ years experience of coaching and racing all triathlon distances. Steve works on a daily basis with all levels of athlete from complete beginners to talented elite, youth, junior, and student athletes. He has coached national youth, junior, student, elite and age group medal winners.
This plan is designed as an 'in-season' training schedule with the dedicated youth (13 - 16 years old) triathlete in mind. It includes 9-15 hours of training per week, generally consisting of 3-5 swim sessions per week, 2-3 bike sessions and 3-4 runs as well as strength and conditioning sessions appropriate for young triathletes. It is periodised into 4 x 4 week training blocks, with the 4th week being a lower volume 'recovery' week.
It is expected that the athletes have a background in competitive swimming and swim training and are moving into multisports.
As an added bonus, purchase of this program can include email access to Steve for any questions that you may have about this plan or your training. Subscribe here for ongoing support:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.