Half Distance Long Course Distance Triathlon Beginner (27 weeks)
This plan is designed for the beginner half distance long course triathlete.
Prior to purchasing this plan, it is recommended that the triathlete have completed at least one Olympic distance triathlon with experience in sprint distance triathlons. The triathlete should be capable of swimming 20-30 mins continuously, cycle 1.5 hours continuously and running 45-60 mins continuously.
If you have a power meter, you can substitute the HR zone for power zone. However, I recommend using HR zone for the long endurance cycle days as fatigue from the week or environmental factors will play a big part in this particular workout.
Additionally, if you have had shoulder issues or not much experience swimming, you may want to replace the swim strength workouts with a form or speed workout. Also, if in the beginning you cannot complete the total swim workout, shorten the main set according to your current fitness. After 4-6 weeks, you should be caught up to the full workouts.
Swim intensities using the RPE scale are as follows: 6-11 easy, 12-15 moderate.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.