Eric SchwartzAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed for intermediate to advance triathletes in the base period. You should have a minimum of 3-5 weeks of training before starting this plan. The plan allows for a wide range in weekly training volume. Most weeks average 8-9 hours, but there are options written into the plan that allow for higher volume in the range of 11-13 hours per week. The plan can easily accommodate athletes with lower volume by eliminating or shortening workouts.
The plan is designed to be used with heart rate zones, power zones, or perceived effort. For example, a bike that includes zone 3 will work with both heart rate and power zones. The guide included with this plan (linked to below) includes info on how to set your zones or use perceived effort.
Weeks 4, 7, and 10 are recovery weeks and allow for lower volume/intensity.
If you have questions/comments about this plan email Eric.Boulder@gmail.com and I'll respond quickly.
Training Intensity & HR Zones: bit.ly/trainingintensity
Warmup & Cool down: bit.ly/warmupCD
Running & Cycling drills: bit.ly/runbikedrills
Training Plan FAQs: bit.ly/FAQforTrainingPeaks
Base Plan Notes: bit.ly/BasePlanNotes
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?