3 Month Training Plan: BASE Prep Phase
Lauren UpdykeAll plans by this Coach
This is an off-season plan for the olympic distance triathlete. The focus of this plan is to increase dynamic flexiblity, functional and core strength, along with honing run form, cycling efficiency, and swimming form.
This plan also comes with a CORE and STRENGTH worksheet with exercises specifically geared to make you a more balanced athlete. This plan will start on whatever day you select and run for 13 weeks. This plan should be done before any BASE phases and is perfect for training in the winter months.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:08 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:09 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:49 hrs||1:15 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:08 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:09 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:49 hrs||1:15 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?