Off-Season Training Plan -12 week
Kathy MorrissonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week off season plan is designed for the off-season athlete that wants to improve their skills, strength and technique along with keeping a base level of conditioning. The plan will allow the athlete to go into the next season feeling fresh and mentally prepared for their specific triathlon plan. The plan prescribes 2 swims, 2 bikes, 3 runs, 2 strength days, 1 rest day and 1 non-structured day per week. The weekly volume ranges from 7 to 9 hours. This is a Monday to Sunday plan, so the plan should be applied to your Training Peaks account with a Monday start date. Friday is the rest day as this plan is written and the 4th, 8th and 12th week are adaption/drop back weeks. There is benchmark testing for swim, bike and run to track progress.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:45 hrs||0:49 hrs|
|1:55 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:56 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:45 hrs||0:49 hrs|
||1:55 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:56 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?