Browse More Plans
D3 Swim Focus for Triathletes, Int.-Adv, 9k to 18k/week, 5-6 days/wk with Structured Workouts
Includes Structured Workouts
Mike Ricci USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Includes Structured Workouts
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!
Author: Mike Ricci
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-Present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
- USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st yr. triathletes
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
A solid training plan equals athlete success:"My race went well, smashed my goal of 5:45 with a 5:04. The plan was great and have recommended it to friends. I will purchase a plan for the full IM next year."
Length: This 8 week program is a Swim Focus for triathletes. This program is appropriate for a veteran athlete who is looking to improve their swim. The athlete must be able to swim at least 2,500m in one session and should be able to do so at a pace of better than 1:45 per 100m. The program starts out with around 8,500m of swimming in the first week and progresses to around 18,000m+ seven weeks later. This program includes run and bike workouts as well, although these are not the focus of this program. The run and bike workouts are primarily to maintain current fitness. If this plan seems to be a bit much, you may be interested in the Winter Maintenance Plans that are 7-10 hours per week. The progression is gradual and has many easy swims. There are 2 bikes and 2 runs and 2 strength sessions each week, as well.
Requirements: You should have good fitness over the past 4-6 weeks. Going into this plan you should be able to:
- Swim at least 2,500ms
- Bike at least 1 hour
- Run 50 minutes
You will build to:
- 16,000m of swimming
- 1.5 hours of cycling
- 1:40 hours of running
Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities. In this program,
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal of this plan is to help you achieve your best race! Mike has been coaching for 25+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- A weekly training tip video in your plan
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the top Ironman Club Teams in the World
- D3 'Terminology', and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones' documents
- Access to premium content on our website and instructional videos in all 3 sports
- Strength training and core workouts with accompanying videos
- Inclusion in Team D3 and access to our private Facebook group to ask our USAT certified coaches questions
- A chance to race in a really cool kit :-)
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:05 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|2:35 hrs||1:40 hrs|
|2:04 hrs||1:32 hrs|
|1:05 hrs||0:35 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:05 hrs||1:10 hrs|
||2:35 hrs||1:40 hrs|
||2:04 hrs||1:32 hrs|
||1:05 hrs||0:35 hrs|