Hal HigdonAll plans by this Coach
Hal Higdon: Triathlon 2 Training Program: This Triathlon 2 Training Program is designed for runners who would like to test their fitness in a triathlon by adding swimming and cycling to their workout routines. It assumes a moderately high level of fitness, certainly an ability to finish 5-K or 10-K races if not marathons. It can prepare you to participate in sprint triathlons, those shorter than the Olympic distances: 1500 swim, 40-K bike, 10-K run. If your main goal in embracing the triathlon is fitness vs. competition, take a look first at my Triathlon 1 program. Each day I will send you an email telling you how to work out and offering training advice. For more information, visit my website: halhigdon.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.