Coach Chris at TCC EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
4 week Beginners ‘Lockdown’ Plan - (medium volume 6.5-7.75 hours, fully reusable, coach email support)
This plan is built around most people’s current situation of having nowhere to swim and limited time outside to train. The majority of this programme is based around indoor training but can quite easily be adapted to suit for any time you can actually spend outside. Based heavily around skill development this plan is perfect for all levels of athlete across all distances. You should be currently biking 2-3 times a week up to 45-60 mins and running 2 times a week for around 15-30 mins before starting this programme. This plan uses bodyweight only exercises for the swim replacement sessions, power for the bike and heart rate for the run. There is a planned day off from training every Monday to allow for good recovery, but you can move this around to fit within your current schedule.
You will need a bit of space for the strength sessions and some stretch cords if you have them (no other real equipment required as they are all bodyweight exercises), a turbo trainer and either a treadmill or some time to run outside (max of 90 mins). Take a look at our complete beginner’s plan if you need to work up to the required base fitness here.
All bike and run sessions are built as structured workouts which can be downloaded directly to your training device, Zwift, Trainer Road etc to allow you to focus on the workout specifics rather than thinking about how to execute the next section.
All of our plans come with email coach support email@example.com and an option to change plans if you feel you need more or less volume etc.
Key points of the plan:
- Starts at 6.5 hours a week (Strength 1:15, Bike 3:30 and run 1:45)
- Peaks at 7.45 hours a week (Strength 1:15, Bike 4:00 and run 2:30)
- Average of 3 strength, 3 bikes and 3 runs per week)
- Longest Strength 30 min)
- Longest Bike 2 hours)
- Longest Run 1 hour 30 min)
This plan is based around heart rate for the run and power for the bike, therefore a gps watch with heart rate monitor and a power metre are required to get the best out of this programme. If you need a heart rate only, pace only or RPE based plan please check out our other available plans here. If you don’t see what you want/need we also offer bespoke plans built to your requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to discuss your plan with one of our coaches.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.