Triathlon Foundation | Beginner | 4 Week - Part 4 | Offseason & Base Training w/ Strength Training
Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
This plan is for a beginner level triathlete who wants to train for their first triathlon next season OR is coming off a long break from the sport. The foundation plan will start very slowly to allow new athletes to get used to a regular training routine again before they prepare for a specific race. "Train to train. Then train to race."
"Coach Mark is exceptional! Because of his coaching, I am able to compete again in a sport I love. I greatly appreciate & value his professionalism, dedication, & expertise."
Wondering if this plan is right for you?
CONTACT us & we'll help you make the right decision
- Progresses very gradually in volume & intensity
- Plan progresses from 7.5 ➡ 8 hours of training per week
- Works on sport specific technical limiters
- Emphasis on strength training, mobility, force generation, & aerobic conditioning
- Plan can be re-used year after year
- Best used 12 to 40 weeks out before your first triathlon
Build your Chronic Training Load in a consistent & safe manner!
- GPS watch
- Swim paddles, pull buoy, & fins
- Access to basic strength & mobility equipment (stretch cords, free weights)
- *A bike powermeter & HR monitor are recommended but not required
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Detailed workout instructions
- Intervals set to your specific training zones
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?