Triathlon Foundation | Intermediate | 20 Week | Offseason & Base Training w/ Strength Training
Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
This plan is for an intermediate level triathlete who wants to build a base of strength & fitness during the offseason or before purchasing a race-specific plan. The key to racing ANY distance is building a strong foundation.
"The program gets five stars from me. At the end of the day, what matters is performance: Did I improve? Am I faster? Am I stronger? Do I feel better? The answer to these questions is a resounding yes."
-Pablo Bueno: IM Texas Finisher
Wondering if this plan is right for you?
CONTACT us & we'll help you make the right decision
- Progresses gradually in volume & intensity
- Plan progresses from 7 ➡ 13 hours of training per week
- Works on sport specific technical limiters
- Emphasis on strength training, mobility, force generation, & aerobic conditioning
- Plan can be re-used year after year
- Best used 12 to 40 weeks out before your "A" race
Build your Chronic Training Load in a consistent & safe manner!
- GPS watch
- Swim paddles, pull buoy, & fins
- Access to basic strength & mobility equipment (stretch cords, free weights)
- *A bike powermeter & HR monitor are recommended but not required
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Detailed workout instructions
- Intervals set to your specific training zones
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:12 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|4:30 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|1:35 hrs||0:55 hrs|
|1:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:12 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||4:30 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||1:35 hrs||0:55 hrs|
||1:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor