Triathlon Base Program--16 week, Bike Focus
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 16-week plan (7-to-14 hours per week) is designed to be “bike-specific”, while allowing you to maintain your fitness in the swim and run. This block of training begins with two weeks of preparation work, followed by three weeks of Base I, seven weeks of Base II and four weeks of Base III training. Week-day training does not exceed two hours, and your longest weekend day tops out at 4:25. This training block is not intended for beginning triathletes: you should have several triathlon seasons under your belt prior to attempting this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:45 hrs||3:30 hrs|
|1:57 hrs||1:15 hrs|
|1:59 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:40 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:45 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||1:57 hrs||1:15 hrs|
||1:59 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:40 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?