Run Plan: 8wk 5k Run Plan Includes Build and Prep Phases
Mark Kotarski, MEd, RCEP Founder of Kotarski Endurance Training, LLC
This plan will build speed and contains a prep period leading up to race day.
A rest day is included each week.
Plan includes speed, tempo and long base sessions. Training volume starts at 2hrs & 53min and peaks at 3hrs & 50min. In addition, 3x's/wk core is recommended during the 8wk period.
The user must have completed 1 5k 12 months prior to using this plan and be injury free.
The plan includes email support from Kotarski Endurance Training, LLC founder Mark Kotarski, MEd, CES contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-995-3915
Note: "No pain, No strain" If any pain develops consult a healthcare professional.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.