Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is written for an athlete who is looking to finish their first iron distance (2.4 swim-112 bike—26.2 run) triathlon. You should have some racing experience, having finished at least several sprint and international distance triathlons and or a half iron distance race. You should have a solid base going into the plan including at least two swims per week, three runs per week and cycling at least 1 hour several times per week.
The plan is based on 550 annual training hours (maximum hours are 16) and follows a two-week “on”(build), one-week “off” (recovery). This is in exception of the first base phase, which will have you three weeks “on,” one week “off.” During the “on” weeks, Monday’s will be considered your rest day, with just a swim and strength session. Complete days off from training will be incorporated into your “off” weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?