D3 Foundations of Swim Technique with Step-by-Step Videos
Dave Sheanin and Mike Ricci USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!
Please check out our intro video here
Author: Dave Sheanin and Mike Ricci
- Mike is the Founder and Head Coach of D3 Multisport, Inc. and a USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach
- Dave is a USA Triathlon Coach and a former USA Swimming Coach
- Together the Coaches, coached the University of Colorado Triathlon Team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- They coach a variety of athlete abilities including beginner triathletes, National Champions and Kona Qualifiers
- Mike was the USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
A solid training plan equals athlete success:
"I have been searching google trying to improve my swim for over a year. I just watched the kicking video from the D3 Technique Swim Plan before a group swim and cut 5 seconds off my 100 time without much effort. It's a life-changer!"
Thanks, Trudee K.
Length: 4 weeks
This plan is intended for new swimmers and swimmers whose pace is 1:40 per 100 to 2:00 and beyond. This plan works for any swimmer who is intent on improving form and getting faster. It covers the fundamentals of freestyle swimming for triathlon and can be used as a good refresher for any beginner or intermediate swimmer.
Leave your smartwatch in your backpack: the focus of this plan is on the fundamentals of excellent form, rather than yardage. Sessions are kept short so that swimmers are not fighting fatigue while dialing in technique. Frequency is higher than most other programs with 3 highly structured, 30-40 minute primary workouts plus 3 more lightly structured, 20-30 minute practice/experimenting sessions per week.
Videos that break down the mechanics of great form and explain each drill in detail are included.
Requirements: Going into this plan you should be able to swim at least 100mOur programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities.
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal of this plan is to help you achieve your best race! Mike has been coaching for 25+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- Strategically designed, simple to follow Swim Drills and Workouts
- 15+ well described videos that will transform your swimming
- Insider access to premium content, instructional videos and training tips
- The opportunity to be a part of a top Ironman Club Team, Team D3
- Access to our private, Team D3 Facebook group to ask our USAT Certified Coaches questions
- Team Sponsor Discounts
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|