Beginners Strength Training Plan for Triathletes and Runners
Leszek StelmachowskiAll plans by this Coach
You will find 3 basic strength workouts here. Equipment needed: TRX, Swiss Ball.
Strength training WILL NOT make you a faster triathlete; swimming, cycling and running will do.
But strength is a PLATFORM you can build your specific training on. Think a strong fundament.
Only the fool builds his house on the sand.
The critical components of the strength.
Mobility – will allow you to be efficient; you will have a better posture while running, more aero position on the bike and streamline in water.
Foundation Strength – become as strong human as possible and then build endurance performance on the top
Stability – postural strength and fitness, will allow you to keep your form for longer, so when the fatigue kicks in (it will, especially on the long course) you will be able to perform strong.
Synchronisation and Coordination – again, more efficiency!
Power Production – increase number of fibres used, so you can generate more power, hence move faster
Injury Prevention and recovery – strong muscle recover quicker and are less prone to the injury
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?