Beginner/Intermediate Off-Season Plan using TrainerRoad (12 Weeks, by Power and Pace)
Alison Freeman: USAT Level II Endurance, IRONMAN®, & TrainingPeaks Level 2 Certified Triathlon CoachAll plans by this Coach
STRUCTURED PLANS. PROVEN RESULTS.
Coach Alison Freeman is a:
- USA Triathlon Level II Endurance Certified Coach
- Ironman University Certified Coach
- Training Peaks Level 2 Accredited Coach
She has proven success getting first-time 70.3 and Ironman-distance athletes to the finish line, as well as proven success with time improvement for experienced 70.3 and Ironman-distance athletes.
About the Plan:This 12 week program is a Beginner/Intermediate Plan for off-season fitness maintenance.
The plan is divided into three 4-week blocks, each block having a focus on a single sport with maintenance workouts in the other disciplines. The primary focus sport will have four workouts a week, with the other sports having two workouts a week. Two strength workouts each week are also included in the plan.
There benchmark workouts for each sport at the end of the respective training block to assess fitness and adjust training zones. This plan can be repeated, in full or by cherry-picking a specific sport-focused block, to extend the duration of your off-season.
Workout Distances & Durations:Prior to starting this plan, you should have a good base of an average of 6-7 hours of weekly training for the past four weeks.
During maintenance weeks, your volume for the maintenance sports will be:
- 4000 yards/meters of swimming
- 2 hours 30 minutes of cycling
- 1 hour 45 minutes of running
During focus weeks, your volume for the focus sport will be:
- 6500-7000 yards/meters of swimming
- 3 hours 45 minutes of cycling
- 2 hours 10 minutes to 2 hours 35 minutes of running
All Bikes Are TrainerRoad Workouts!Each bike session is a TrainerRoad workout - just search for the workout by name within the TrainerRoad app and start cycling!
All Swims and Runs Are Structured Workouts!The plan uses the TrainingPeaks structured workout feature for swims and runs, providing precise workout details, including pace targets, for all segments/intervals within each workout. These workouts can be easily imported into devices, including most Garmin multisport watches and bike computers. See the Structured Workout Help Page for more information.
Have questions?Email Coach Alison.IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:51 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:54 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:51 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:54 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?