4 Weeks to a stronger spine
SISU RacingAll plans by this Coach
A STRONG, well-conditioned spine is a priority for any athlete looking to avoid back pain. But it’s especially important for triathletes in order to cope with the volume and diversity of demands placed upon them by training and racing. As a physiotherapist working with triathletes, I’ve noticed many common problems with specific muscle groups getting weak or tight.
This training plan will give you the basic requirements to keep your back in the best condition for the sport. We’ll go through some simple stretches, exercises and drills all aimed at preparing your back to swim, bike and run. The plan has a dual purpose – it’s intended to prevent injury, but also optimise your performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?