Elite Amateur Base - 15 Weeks (~15 hrs per wk)
This plan has been created for the serious triathlete looking to build their foundation prior to starting their Specific Preparation Block.
The plan consists of 12 weeks of general preparation then a three week Peak Period that includes a C-Priority Olympic Distance Race (Week 13) and a B-Priority Half Distance Race (Week 15). You can substitute race sim workouts, or other events, for these scheduled races.
The plan is appropriate for athletes racing all distances with weekly volume ranging from 13 to 18 hours per week.
To get this most out of this program, you should be comfortable with the following key workout distances:
Swim - up to 4,400 yards / 4,000 meters
Bike - up to 60 miles / 100 kilometers
Run - up to 13 miles / 21 kilometers
I hope you enjoy,
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.