Ages13-15 Beginner Triathlon Training Plan - 6 weeks
Shelly OBrienAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for the beginning youth multisport athlete ages13-15 training for a triathlon (swim/bike/run event). All workouts are designed to introduce basic skills that are age-appropriate and detailed for the young growing physiology. The plan includes workout descriptions focused on speed and skill development balanced with rest and recovery.
At the conclusion of this program the athlete will be able to complete a 200m swim/ 10k bike/ 2k run event.
BASIC EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
Competition Swim suit and well-fitting swim goggles.
Swim Cap is recommended
Properly fitting helmet
Bicycle that is the correct size
Bike shorts, Swim Jammers, or other tight fitting shorts.
Proper running shoes
If you have questions about any of these items please visit your local bike shop or running store.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:05 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:11 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:05 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:11 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?