Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 10-week plan is base training for experienced triathletes. This plan is based on the base training within the year-long Olympic distance training plan in the book, “Training Plans for Multisport Athletes” but is designed for the athlete needing less training volume. The first training block is four weeks long, followed by two, three-week blocks.
Before beginning the plan, you are training approximately five hours per week. This training includes two or three days of each swimming, cycling and running. Before beginning the plan, you are capable of running 45 to 60 minutes and riding 1:00. The first week of training shown on the Plan Preview seems manageable to you. Training begins at 7:30 hours per week and progresses to about 12:30. Your longest run progresses to 1:15 and includes the beginning of lactate threshold training. Your long bike ride progresses to 2:30. Testing days are included as benchmarks of progress.
The training plan, “Triathlon Base Training, Phase 2: 5.5 to 13.0 hours per week” is designed to follow this plan.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.