Tom Chavez, Ironman University Certified CoachAll plans by this Coach
This 12 + 1 Week Training Plan is for first timer triathlete, it includes 12 training weeks plus 1 recovery week for transition to your next goal. The objective is to complete a triathlon in a progressive but challenging plan.
Choose this plan if you are fit and healthy enough to train for a Triathlon but you have done little or no recent swimming, cycling and/or running. The plan starts with a total of 1:40hrs week up to 3:56 at week 11.
At the end of the plan you will have the fitness to complete your first Sprint distance Triathlon.
Training Plan Phases:
Preparation Phase (General) – Week 1-4
Preparation Phase (Specific) – Week 5-8
Competition Phase (Pre) – Week 9
Competition Phase (Competition) – Week 10-11
Competition Phase (Taper) – Week 12
Transition Phase - Week 13
For any additional request, please visit www.trion3.com or email me at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.