Coach Tom, Ironman University Certified CoachAll plans by this Coach
This 12 + 1 Week Training Plan is for intermediate Triathletes. It includes 12 training weeks plus 1 recovery week for transition to your next goal. It is based on a three times per discipline week. The objective is to complete a triathlon in a progressive but challenging plan.
Choose this plan if you have a fair base of swim, bike and/or run fitness and want not just to finish a sprint triathlon but to finish well. It is based on more, longer and with more intensity workouts than the beginners plan.
Training Plan Phases:
Preparation Phase (General) – Week 1-4
Preparation Phase (Specific) – Week 5-8
Competition Phase (Pre) – Week 9
Competition Phase (Competition) – Week 10-11
Competition Phase (Taper) – Week 12
Transition Phase - Week 13
For any additional request, please visit www.trion3.com or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?