Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 15-Week training plan is designed for a physically active person. You may or may not be an experienced triathlete. Your goal is to complete a triathlon that is roughly 450 yards of swimming, 15 miles of cycling and 3.1 miles of running or running and walking. This plan is for the currently-active athlete that and considers herself or himself a “summer triathlete,” perhaps having completed a triathlon last summer.
Now, you are looking to do some speed work and have a fast race. You are currently capable of swimming 30 minutes twice per week, riding 30 minutes twice per week and running 20 to 30 minutes twice per week. You can find more plan details by taking a look at the Plan Preview.
Total weekly training hour range between 2:00 and 5:00 throughout the plan.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
This plan originally appeared in “Triathlete Magazine
A version of this plan is available in the book “Training Plans for Multisport Athletes”
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?